A tourist visa is a type of visa that allows foreign individuals to enter Thailand for the purpose of tourism, visiting friends or relatives, or other short-term purposes.
There are two main types of tourist visas available for Thailand:
- Single-entry tourist visa: This type of visa allows a foreign individual to enter Thailand once, stay for a period of up to 60 days, and then leave Thailand. If the individual wishes to enter Thailand again, they will need to apply for a new visa.
- Multiple-entry tourist visa: This type of visa allows a foreign individual to enter and leave Thailand multiple times during a period of six months. Each entry allows a stay of up to 60 days.
To obtain a tourist visa for Thailand, the applicant must typically provide the following:
- A valid passport with at least six months remaining before expiration
- A completed visa application form
- A passport-sized photograph
- Proof of onward travel, such as a return airline ticket
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the stay in Thailand
- Depending on the individual’s country of origin, additional documents such as a bank statement, hotel reservation, or letter of invitation may be required.
Tourist visas for Thailand can be obtained from Thai embassies and consulates abroad, as well as certain visa application centers. Some countries may also be eligible for a visa exemption or visa on arrival, which allows a shorter stay in Thailand without the need for a pre-arranged visa.
It is important to note that the requirements and application procedures for tourist visas in Thailand can vary depending on the individual’s country of origin and other factors. It is advisable to consult with the nearest Thai embassy or consulate for specific information on visa requirements and procedures.